Recovery, Unity & Service
District 8 Area 15 General Service Website
- Pick up District 8 mail from District 8 mailbox.
- Go to bank with incoming District 8 Chairperson, with a copy of the Minutes listing newly elected officers, and sign the signature cards.
- Deposit all contributions to District 8 in District 8 checking account.
- Pay all obligations incurred by District 8 that have been authorized for payment by District 8 or as instructed by the District Chairperson.
- Reconcile the checking account monthly.
- Pass the baskets, in accordance with the Seventh Tradition, at all District 8 business meeting and the Area 15 Quarterly hosted by District 8.
- Prepare the District 8 Financial Report and Group Contribution Report for every business meeting of District 8. Present this report at the business meeting. Make copies for every attendee of the business meeting.
- Attend the Treasurer’s Meeting at all Area 15 Quarterly Weekends and report to the District at the next business meeting regarding the meeting.
- Audit the checking and savings account annually in November and report to District 8 in December with the results or the audit. The Treasurer should select 4 or 5 people to assist with the audit.
- On December 31st disburse excess funds from the current year in accordance with the Book of Current Practices
- Attend Area 15 Business Meetings and reimburse Quarterly attendees for lodging.
- Send budget request forms to officers and committee chairpersons in September. In October all budget forms are turned into the Treasurer. In November, present the next year’s fiscal budgets to the District and place a Motion to accept on the Agenda for December.